Countrystyle Recycling is a member of the family-owned Heathcote Holdings Group of resource management companies. We pride ourselves on our passion for a solution focused service that we deliver to our customers.
To operate mobile and fixed plant to ensure the safe and compliant storage of designated waste streams/recyclables within nominated bunkers or containers at the operating sites and to ensure the safe loading of vehicles for onward transfer of material from the operating sites.
Note: in addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
You will work closely with the Head of Health, Safety and Compliance to embed a compliance culture within the organisation.
- Operate appropriate machinery and plant, as required, to maintain the safe and efficient operation of the site at all times and in particular to:
- a. prevent cross contamination between waste streams/recyclables; and,
- b. maximise payloads of outgoing vehicles (within legal limits).
- Ensure that plant and machinery is maintained to required standards, including daily & weekly checks, refuelling, lubrication and greasing, and that defects and breakdowns are promptly recorded and reported.
- Maintain a safe working environment throughout your activities, including keeping working area tidy and access to walkways and emergency exits clear.
- Ensure appropriate safety equipment and PPE is used at all times.
- Checking of incoming loads, ensuring compliance with site license and permitted waste types.
- Immediately report: any contamination or non-conforming wastes delivered to site; accidents, incidents, and near misses; environmental hazards; health & safety breaches to the Level 1 Supervisor or appropriate Manager.
- Undertake any training necessary to perform other tasks including the operation of other plant and equipment and/or supervisory duties.
- Complete Manual Handling activities to assist in waste management activities.
- Assist other operatives upon request and when authorised by your Supervisor.
- Carry out other operational duties where necessary for business continuity.
- Staff have a duty to take care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their actions at work.
- Comply with all Health, Safety, HR and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Staff must co-operate, report unsafe conditions and comply with the company management systems and safe systems of work as well as co—workers to help everyone meet their legal requirements.
- Good Communication
- Ability to operate and control equipment
- Time and Priority Management
- Ability to work in a fast paced, busy environment
- Previous experience operating plant, such as loading shovels, telehandlers and forklift trucks.
- Experience in the Waste Industry
- Experience with Shredders, Shovels, Excavators & Conveyors
At least 4 tickets for mobile and/or fixed plant.
- Pay attention to detail
- Ability to work alone or in a team
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to plan own work