Countrystyle Recycling is a dynamic, family-run Waste Management and Recycling Company. We collect, handle, process, dispose and recycle almost all forms of waste. Our main facility, at Ridham in Sittingbourne, Kent, provides specialist services for the recycling of plasterboard, wood, mixed dry recyclables and the manufacture of RDF (Refuse Derived Fuel).
- Operate appropriate machinery and plant, as required, to maintain the safe and efficient operation of the site at all times.
- Ensure that plant and machinery is maintained to required standards, including daily & weekly checks, refuelling, lubrication and greasing, and that defects and breakdowns are promptly recorded and reported.
- Maintain a safe working environment throughout your activities, including keeping working area tidy and access to walkways and emergency exits clear.
- Ensure appropriate safety equipment and PPE is used at all times.
- Checking of incoming loads, ensuring compliance with site license and permitted waste types.
- Immediately report: any contamination or non-conforming wastes delivered to site; accidents, incidents, and near misses; environmental hazards; health & safety breaches to the Supervisor or appropriate Manager.
- Undertake any training necessary to perform other tasks including the operation of other plant and equipment and/or supervisory duties.
- Complete Manual Handling activities to assist in waste management activities.
- Assist other operatives upon request and when authorised by your Supervisor.
- Carry out other operational duties where necessary for business continuity.
- Staff have a duty to take care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their actions at work.
- Staff must co-operate, report unsafe conditions and comply with the company management systems and safe systems of work as well as co—workers to help everyone meet their legal requirements.
- Good Communication
- Ability to operate and control equipment
- Time and Priority Management
- Ability to work in a fast paced, busy environment
- Company Pension
- On-site parking
55 hours per week on a rota basis Monday – Sunday
Hourly rate £12.50 per hour with £1 top up for working nights, monthly KPI bonus
Ridham, nr Sittingbourne, Kent
How to Apply:
For those completing the Application Form: All of the information collected in this form is necessary and relevant to the performance of the job applied for. We will use the information provided by you on this form, for recruitment purposes only. The Company will treat all personal information with the utmost confidentiality and in line with current data protection legislation.
Should you be successful in your application, the information provided, and further information which will be gathered at the relevant time, will be subsequently used for the administration of your employment and in relation to any legal challenge which may be made regarding our recruitment practices.
Should you be unsuccessful in your application, your data will be retained for a period of 6 months and will then be confidentially destroyed.
By submitting your application, you agree to the Company processing your data as per our Privacy Notice.
If no response is received within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. Countrystyle is an equal opportunities employer. Strictly no agencies. Previous applicants need not apply.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.