Countrystyle Recycling is a dynamic, privately owned Waste Management and Recycling Company. We collect, handle, process, dispose and recycle almost all forms of waste. Our main facility, at Ridham in Sittingbourne, Kent, provides specialist services for the recycling of plasterboard, wood, mixed dry recyclables and the manufacture of RDF (Refuse Derived Fuel).
An exciting opportunity has become available for a highly motivated individual to join our IT and Projects Team. You will be responsible for providing an effective 1st line technical support for our business both at our head office nr Sittingbourne and remote sites in the South East.
Your main duties/responsibilities will include:
- System maintenance and resolution of any general workplace IT issues.
- The maintenance of Company hardware including the set-up or replacement of PCs, laptops, tablets and monitors.
- Monitoring the network for all sites and working closely with our outsourced IT department on any issues.
- Responsibility for all telephone contracts for landlines, mobiles, data and driver hand-held terminals
- Provide the interface between Countrystyle and our ancillary hardware and software providers
- Manage and maintain all relevant documentation
The ideal candidate will have a real passion for IT with a background in operating systems, hardware, software and telephones. You will need to be organised, self-motivated and able to meet deadlines.
To be considered for the position you must have/be:
- Previous experience in a 1st line support role
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in all Microsoft operating systems and applications – Windows, Outlook, Word & Excel etc
- A team player who is able to work well under pressure and to demanding deadlines
- An understanding of SQL would be advantageous but not essential
This is a great opportunity for somebody looking to progress their IT Support career and looking to take that next step up to develop their knowledge and skillset, whilst working for an expanding, forward thinking organisation.
40 hours per week
£23,000 – £25,000 per annum
Ridham, nr Sittingbourne, Kent
How to Apply:
For those completing the Application Form: All of the information collected in this form is necessary and relevant to the performance of the job applied for. We will use the information provided by you on this form, for recruitment purposes only. The Company will treat all personal information with the utmost confidentiality and in line with current data protection legislation.
Should you be successful in your application, the information provided, and further information which will be gathered at the relevant time, will be subsequently used for the administration of your employment and in relation to any legal challenge which may be made regarding our recruitment practices.
Should you be unsuccessful in your application, your data will be retained for a period of 6 months and will then be confidentially destroyed.
By submitting your application, you agree to the Company processing your data as per our Privacy Notice.
If no response is received within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. Countrystyle is an equal opportunities employer. Strictly no agencies. Previous applicants need not apply.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.