Countrystyle Recycling is a member of the family-owned Heathcote Holdings Group of resource management companies. We pride ourselves on our passion for a solution focused service that we deliver to our customers.
The Environmental Compliance Manager will be responsible for managing the organisation’s environmental compliance and ensuring we comply with current regulations. Your role will include primarily the adherence to permits and regulations across the businesses processing facilities. You will be at the forefront of liaison between the company and the regulators ensuring that documentation, testing and other record keeping is up to date and completed
You will be responsible for managing compliance of the Environmental Management system
You will have sufficient knowledge to complete permit variations and new permit applications to the regulators.
You will proactively drive through Environmental and Carbon saving initiatives to improve operational efficiencies in a safe and healthy environment for the business. You will be responsible for the companies route to Carbon Net Zero.
You will work closely with the Head of Health, Safety and Compliance to embed a compliance culture within the organisation.
- Managing compliance of the Environmental Management system including conducting internal audits, external site audits, developing & reviewing policies, procedures and supporting documentation
- Ensuring ISO accreditation is achieved and maintained
- Monitoring the organisation’s environmental performance against permit requirements and internal compliance targets.
- Auditing and updating the organisations Fire Prevention Plans, Odour Management Plans and Dust Management Plans.
- Developing, implementing and driving environmental strategies and policies
- Reviewing the suitability of all regulatory compliance documentation and updating or rewriting where required.
- Report on environmental audits and make recommendations for future policies and strategy.
- Report the organisation’s environmental performance to key stakeholders within the organisation
- Drive the Environmental and Carbon strategy forward to ensure corporate sustainable development and Route to Net Zero.
- Develop and deliver environmental training for staff at all levels within the organisation.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest environmental legislation with UK, EU and international regulation and legislation.
- Identify environmental hazards, risks and implement control measures to ensure risk reduction or elimination.
- Promote awareness of the impact of environmental and Carbon decisions across the organisation
- Liaising with regulatory bodies such as the Environment Agency.
- Represent the organisation in public hearings and consultations in relation to environmental matters.
- Lead on environmental investigations for significant incidents.
- Experience in environmental management in a large organisation or as a consultant with experience of working in large multi-site environments.
- Experience conducting waste audits and inspections.
- Experience with EA permits, fire prevention plans and dust management plans and
- Integrated Management Systems.
- Practical knowledge of environmental permitting and legislation
- Degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate environmental discipline including corporate membership of an appropriate professional institution (or equivalent knowledge and experience)
- ISO 14001 Lead Auditor
- Able to communicate clearly, both written and verbally
- Able to prioritise and organise own workload and meet deadlines.
- Strong operational planning skills
- Ability to write and review Environmental Management System documentation such as Odour Management Plans, Dust Management Plans and Fire Prevention Plans
- Significant knowledge of sustainability, including recycling, waste management and all relevant legislation and guidance associated with each waste stream and carbon reduction.
- Experience of the waste industry.
- NEBOSH qualified.
- WAMITAB qualified.
- Company Pension
- Company events
- On site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellness programme
- Performance related bonus
- Investment in career development